Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
tcbc

Default 406 any help

I have a 406 with dart 230s mild port job and a brodix hvh intake ported with flat top pistons with a 650 lift solid roller all forged pistons and 4340 rods and crank I have a couple of questions what size carb do I need and what size rockers I have 1.5 on it what kind of horsepower can I expect this motor will also see some nitrous
tcbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
lun40119

850, and 600 if it is built right.

3V Performance 23 Pumpgas 402
1.321 60'
6.143 @ 110.46
9.754 @ 136.30
1st Place Drag Week 2012 SB/NA
2nd Place Drag Week 2011 SB/NA
http://www.youtube.com/user/excedrin.../4/v1Tff2or1oY
lun40119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
tcbc

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lun40119 View Post
850, and 600 if it is built right.
Thanks for info I apperciate any info on this what u think about the 1.5 rockers
Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
lun40119

Depends....The more lift you can run, and still control the valve, the better.

3V Performance 23 Pumpgas 402
1.321 60'
6.143 @ 110.46
9.754 @ 136.30
1st Place Drag Week 2012 SB/NA
2nd Place Drag Week 2011 SB/NA
http://www.youtube.com/user/excedrin.../4/v1Tff2or1oY
lun40119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
tcbc

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lun40119 View Post
Depends....The more lift you can run, and still control the valve, the better.
What kind of et u think I might see in the eighth mile I'm having to weigh in at 3200 pounds and this motor will see up to a 300 shot of nitrous
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
snakeeater1968

Cool a few things to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
What kind of et u think I might see in the eighth mile I'm having to weigh in at 3200 pounds and this motor will see up to a 300 shot of nitrous
alot depends on your nitrous set up, and how your bringing it in and how your motor is injesting it. Plates seam to hit harder then foggers but foggers let you run alot more total volume of juice. and it depends on if your going to run a progressive controler or two stage. and tires and gear ratio. My car weighs in close to yours and I run a 30" tire from a 295 65 R 15 MT drag radial. it will have a huge affect on your ET depending on how you can launch and if the car will handle a 300 shot out of the whole and that depends on how the car is set up to transfer the HP to the ground but it doesn't matter how much HP and TQ you make if you can't get it tot the ground. With drag radial we have ran 9.70's but it took a 9" drag slick to run 9.50's and all passes were ran with 100 OCT street blaze. I drive it to work everyday, I have ran it on 87 OCT and had no knocking or pinging at all or drop off in performance...it's 10.1 with aluminum heads and a MSD 7 programible plus IGN. I pull out 2 degrees timing for every 50 HP of nitrous.
snakeeater1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
tcbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeater1968 View Post
alot depends on your nitrous set up, and how your bringing it in and how your motor is injesting it. Plates seam to hit harder then foggers but foggers let you run alot more total volume of juice. and it depends on if your going to run a progressive controler or two stage. and tires and gear ratio. My car weighs in close to yours and I run a 30" tire from a 295 65 R 15 MT drag radial. it will have a huge affect on your ET depending on how you can launch and if the car will handle a 300 shot out of the whole and that depends on how the car is set up to transfer the HP to the ground but it doesn't matter how much HP and TQ you make if you can't get it tot the ground. With drag radial we have ran 9.70's but it took a 9" drag slick to run 9.50's and all passes were ran with 100 OCT street blaze. I drive it to work everyday, I have ran it on 87 OCT and had no knocking or pinging at all or drop off in performance...it's 10.1 with aluminum heads and a MSD 7 programible plus IGN. I pull out 2 degrees timing for every 50 HP of nitrous.
I'm running a 28 by 10.5 slick with all aftermarket stock suspenion a real good set up I run a power glide with 456 gear I'm trying to run 570s in the eighth is that possible
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
snakeeater1968

Cool 5.70 is halling the mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
I'm running a 28 by 10.5 slick with all aftermarket stock suspenion a real good set up I run a power glide with 456 gear I'm trying to run 570s in the eighth is that possible
What kind of times has the car ran up to date and why the magic number of 5.70? I'm running a 950 QFT its a great carb and might be worth looking into for you. what converter are you running and does the car have a full cage or a four link its going to take a ton of abuse, how hard do you plan on spinning this thing to run into the high 5's, we had to have the leaf mounts redone on our FAB9 rearend last year they were really taking some abuse from our twin carb fuel injected 541 BBP on two stages of nitrous. we have to look at the whole picture and the first couple of things areSaftey, chasey and fuel aside from the motor of course. put saftey firs,t that thing is halling the mail at 5.70.... do you plan on running an SFI case for the powerglide ot even a good dipper no one like to run over there own parts let alone running over someone elses parts. what kind of rearend do you have?? has it been made to match your HP numbers?? Drive shaft?? maybe you already have all of this that's where knowing what your running now tells a big part of the story.
snakeeater1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
tcbc

Quote:
What kind of times has the car ran up to date and why the magic number of 5.70? I'm running a 950 QFT its a great carb and might be worth looking into for you. what converter are you running and does the car have a full cage or a four link its going to take a ton of abuse, how hard do you plan on spinning this thing to run into the high 5's, we had to have the leaf mounts redone on our FAB9 rearend last year they were really taking some abuse from our twin carb fuel injected 541 BBP on two stages of nitrous. we have to look at the whole picture and the first couple of things areSaftey, chasey and fuel aside from the motor of course. put saftey firs,t that thing is halling the mail at 5.70.... do you plan on running an SFI case for the powerglide ot even a good dipper no one like to run over there own parts let alone running over someone elses parts. what kind of rearend do you have?? has it been made to match your HP numbers?? Drive shaft?? maybe you already have all of this that's where knowing what your running now tells a big part of the story.
The car went a 6.22 at 115 mph on the first hit with a 150 shot hadn't got to tune the 150 but that was the first hit on it it has a 4000 convertor in it that's to the mat on the brake the car has a good cage in it . I thought the heads were ported and there not nor is the intake do I need to port them or would it be a waste of time it is 11to1 compression
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
tcbc

Quote:
The reason the 5.70 number is because that is the cap on the class can run faster but they will add weight is it possible with what I have so far I have also changed nitrous plates since the 6.22 pass I had a single spray bar from nx and now I have a Wilson pro flow cross bar on it but haven't tried it and I had a friend quick fuel carb on it and just put a pro systems on it will it pick up or do I need to do something different to the combination