Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
gadgetguy

Default iron eagle 215 help

I recently bought some new iron eagle 215 castings , my cam specs call for a 1.950 installed height spring . This i gather means a valve with a .100 longer than stock stem. My heads take 2.05 intake and 1.60 valves. What valves work best with these heads . i'm thinking about ferrea 5000 series valves , but this car will be rarely street driven and this motor is going to be set on "kill" at all times. Any help here is appreciated
thanks in advance
HarryC
gadgetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
af2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguy View Post
but this car will be rarely street driven and this motor is going to be set on "kill" at all times. Any help here is appreciated
thanks in advance
HarryC
5000? set on kill? The cheapest set they offer and when they fail it will be Ferrea's fault?

Get a set of Ferrea comp and stop with the cheap. The valves and the springs are your best friend period! You could miss with cam and pushrods but the other 2 will keep the grenade intact.
af2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
gadgetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2 View Post
5000? set on kill? The cheapest set they offer and when they fail it will be Ferrea's fault?

Get a set of Ferrea comp and stop with the cheap. The valves and the springs are your best friend period! You could miss with cam and pushrods but the other 2 will keep the grenade intact.
Didn't know they were the cheap ones, or i wouldn't have posted this thread. I appreciate the input , i went to thier site and if you don't know what your looking for it's a little confusing . Almost lost a motor years ago because of crap springs, don't want to skimp on valves or springs . as a matter of fact the spring that broke on me at high rpms without setting the "grenade" off is sitting on my desk at work as a good luck charm as i was quite lucky that night!!
HarryC
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
af2

Quote:
Didn't know they were the cheap ones, or i wouldn't have posted this thread. I appreciate the input , i went to thier site and if you don't know what your looking for it's a little confusing . Almost lost a motor years ago because of crap springs, don't want to skimp on valves or springs . as a matter of fact the spring that broke on me at high rpms without setting the "grenade" off is sitting on my desk at work as a good luck charm as i was quite lucky that night!!
HarryC
Harry go with the Competition plus Ferrea and run some PAC springs. Cost a little more but way less than the engine.

I did not mean to belittle you either if I did. Adam
af2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
lun40119

Del West Ti..........................In my street car.

3V Performance 23 Pumpgas 402
1.321 60'
6.143 @ 110.46
9.754 @ 136.30
1st Place Drag Week 2012 SB/NA
2nd Place Drag Week 2011 SB/NA
http://www.youtube.com/user/excedrin.../4/v1Tff2or1oY
lun40119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
gadgetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2 View Post
Harry go with the Competition plus Ferrea and run some PAC springs. Cost a little more but way less than the engine.

I did not mean to belittle you either if I did. Adam
I'm a little thick skinned to be taking offense to such things, no worries. I've been outa racing quite some time and just getting back into it and so much has changed so with some things i'm still a little lost. Thanks for the help
HarryC
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
CNC-MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
I recently bought some new iron eagle 215 castings , my cam specs call for a 1.950 installed height spring . This i gather means a valve with a .100 longer than stock stem. My heads take 2.05 intake and 1.60 valves. What valves work best with these heads . i'm thinking about ferrea 5000 series valves , but this car will be rarely street driven and this motor is going to be set on "kill" at all times. Any help here is appreciated
thanks in advance
HarryC
Roller Cam, Ferrea 6000 Series, or Manley Sever Duty, I'm assuming its a Roller at 1.950 Installed Height. Make sure your springs are set up proper to work in conjunction to the coil bind specs or you will have early valve float.

info@cnc-motorsports.com
http://www.cnc-motorsports.com
http://www.cncraceengines.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oT-LgyvXEg Blown 565 BBC 1300+ Horsepower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gRvR5G2Q8k LS7 441 Stroker 703 Horsepower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNqBYtwZ0JY SBF 438 1270 Horsepower Nitrous Engine
CNC-MOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
lun40119

Whats wrong with valve float??? It's the landing that messes everything up...

Mine floats at 4200rpm.

3V Performance 23 Pumpgas 402
1.321 60'
6.143 @ 110.46
9.754 @ 136.30
1st Place Drag Week 2012 SB/NA
2nd Place Drag Week 2011 SB/NA
http://www.youtube.com/user/excedrin.../4/v1Tff2or1oY
lun40119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #9
gadgetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC-MOTORSPORTS View Post
Roller Cam, Ferrea 6000 Series, or Manley Sever Duty, I'm assuming its a Roller at 1.950 Installed Height. Make sure your springs are set up proper to work in conjunction to the coil bind specs or you will have early valve float.

Small world, i bought my crank from you off ebay! and yes i'm using a big howards roller cam. Iam planning on going with kmotion springs also. And i found out with that installed heigth i'm going to have to go with .100 over valve stems .looking thru the ferrea catalog i figured i'm going with the f6104's on the exhaust and the f6114's on the intake
HarryC