Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
bigblockchevy

Default 5.300 bore spacing block

I remember reading on a thread saying dart had their own 5.300 cylinder head, if so how much?

What is possible to do with billet blocks, I know pretty much any bore can be done, but let's say if I was interested in a 454 big block with two extra cylinders is that possible? it's just out of curiousity but please get back at me with the cylinder head information.

thanks
bigblockchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Awesome Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockchevy View Post
I remember reading on a thread saying dart had their own 5.300 cylinder head, if so how much?

What is possible to do with billet blocks, I know pretty much any bore can be done, but let's say if I was interested in a 454 big block with two extra cylinders is that possible? it's just out of curiousity but please get back at me with the cylinder head information.

thanks
sure its possible, we can build it for you, money of course wold be as I need it and I would need plenty. Very do able.
Awesome Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
bigblockchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Bill View Post
sure its possible, we can build it for you, money of course wold be as I need it and I would need plenty. Very do able.
the reason I ask about the V10 is because a I have a 6.8 v10 ford engine. The only problem is it has a very small bore. This is my number one prority, and number two is getting a ford 460 keeping the stock bore how much would it cost approximately? just an estimate, go ahead and PM ME.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
Awesome Bill

so you want 2 blocks? 1 for the V10 and another for a 460? They make good aftermarket steel and aluminum blocks for the 460 already. Very good ones. Check out IDT blocks
Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
bigblockchevy

Quote:
so you want 2 blocks? 1 for the V10 and another for a 460? They make good aftermarket steel and aluminum blocks for the 460 already. Very good ones. Check out IDT blocks
yes but they don't make 5.300 bore spacing 460 ford blocks. I am interested in one for my V10 as well but I think that maybe a lot more expensive because it's a modular block. How much does the 5.300 Chevy block cost? not the whole engine just the block. Like you said I want to start buying parts little by little until I have all of them then I can put it together.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Awesome Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockchevy View Post
yes but they don't make 5.300 bore spacing 460 ford blocks. I am interested in one for my V10 as well but I think that maybe a lot more expensive because it's a modular block. How much does the 5.300 Chevy block cost? not the whole engine just the block. Like you said I want to start buying parts little by little until I have all of them then I can put it together.
Oh yes they do!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
rskrause

I believe that if you are aksing about cost at this stage and talking about putting the parts together little by little that this is probably not the right project for you. I could be completely wrong, you may be Bill Gates for all I know (in which case, go for it!). I am just saying that custom work like you are talking about is insanely expensive by normal standards. And whatever you first estimate it at, muiltiply by 2-3 and also double or triple the time estimate. It's the "little" things that will kill you. OIl pan, intake manfold, cam shaft, and so on.

Just MHO from someone who once tried a much less ambitious project and learned the above.
rskrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
Dart Vader

Yeah, we do have some 5.3 bore space billet heads.
We can do pretty much anything with a billet block, but the design you're thinking of here would be prohibitively expensive. It's well outside what we normally do with these things and would have a lot of engineering costs attached to it.

That being said, if you have some particulars that you want to accomplish, it may be possible to get to what you're looking for with an 8 cylinder engine.
Prices vary a great deal depending on specific features to be included.

If you like, give us a ring. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have and quote you a price! 248-362-1188
Dart Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
Awesome Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart Vader View Post
Yeah, we do have some 5.3 bore space billet heads.
We can do pretty much anything with a billet block, but the design you're thinking of here would be prohibitively expensive. It's well outside what we normally do with these things and would have a lot of engineering costs attached to it.

That being said, if you have some particulars that you want to accomplish, it may be possible to get to what you're looking for with an 8 cylinder engine.
Prices vary a great deal depending on specific features to be included.

If you like, give us a ring. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have a quote you a price! 248-362-1188
Yep, give them the blueprints and they can make anything now! so 5.3 bore spacing with a ford head will be no problem.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
rskrause

Quote:
Yep, give them the blueprints and they can make anything now! so 5.3 bore spacing with a ford head will be no problem.
The only problem will be $$$. Well, as they say "the only substitute for cubic inches is cubic money". In this case, it would be both!
rskrause is offline   Reply With Quote