Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
LinemanLU47

Default 49cc Head and Piston question.

Here's the deal. I have a late model stock car that I have run for years on 1/4 and 3/8 asphalt tracks. I have decided to go dirt track racing. I am in the process of setting up the car to run as a super stock at the 1/2 mile dirt track at Perris Auto Speedway in socal. I will be having the motor rebuilt before I go racing, this is where I need help. "Full Disclosure" I have rebuilt a few small block motors and I can tune a motor fairly well. When it comes to all the particulars and clearances of building a race motor I don't know @#$%, so be kind!. Most a the cars running in the class are running sbc motors in the neighborhood of 500 HP. Cast block and head only. Strokers are allowed. I am interested in running the Dart Iron Eagle Platinum 200cc 49cc heads. I was looking for around 13 to1 C/R. I am having trouble finding pistons to run with these heads. I have read all the available info about piston choice for the 49cc heads. There is alot of talk about custom and machined pistons for these heads. It seems that the only direct fit pistons for these heads are the 21 degree Mahle Pro series pistons. The problem I'm having with these pistons is that the piston dome is a -7.7 with gives a C/R of app. 12.1to 1. A piston dome cc of 0 would give me a C/R closer to 13.6 to 1. My question is what pistons are available for these heads off the shelf? Please, if you know it, provide the manufacture, model name, part numbers, Dome cc and any other info you may have. Thanks in advance for any an all input. Lance

Last edited by LinemanLU47; 03-21-2011 at 04:34 AM.
LinemanLU47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
CNC BLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinemanLU47 View Post
Here's the deal. I have a late model stock car that I have run for years on 1/4 and 3/8 asphalt tracks. I have decided to go dirt track racing. I am in the process of setting up the car to run as a super stock at the 1/2 mile dirt track at Perris Auto Speedway in socal. I will be having the motor rebuilt before I go racing, this is where I need help. "Full Disclosure" I have rebuilt a few small block motors and I can tune a motor fairly well. When it comes to all the particulars and clearances of building a race motor I don't know @#$%, so be kind!. Most a the cars running in the class are running sbc motors in the neighborhood of 500 HP. Cast block and head only. Strokers are allowed. I am interested in running the Dart Iron Eagle Platinum 200cc 49cc heads. I was looking for around 13 to1 C/R. I am having trouble finding pistons to run with these heads. I have read all the available info about piston choice for the 49cc heads. There is alot of talk about custom and machined pistons for these heads. It seems that the only direct fit pistons for these heads are the 21 degree Mahle Pro series pistons. The problem I'm having with these pistons is that the piston dome is a -7.7 with gives a C/R of app. 12.1to 1. A piston dome cc of 0 would give me a C/R closer to 13.6 to 1. My question is what pistons are available for these heads off the shelf? Please, if you know it, provide the manufacture, model name, part numbers, Dome cc and any other info you may have. Thanks in advance for any an all input. Lance

Wiseco makes a similar piston to the Mahle but its a flat top the only thing is to angle mill the heads or a set of custom pistons.
CNC BLOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
want-a-be

How much lift and duration are you planning on running in this engine? Flat tappit or roller?

Don
want-a-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:58 AM   #4
Wolfplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinemanLU47 View Post
Don't know what parts you already have but I just finished one close to this.
364, used the 215 Dart Platnium heads milled to 62cc with the Mahle SBC250030D11, Carrilo 6" rods &
Callies Compstar Comet 350x3.562x2" crank
Block was an SHP Pro milled to 9.018 & the Felpro 1044 .051 gasket
Puts the piston .013 out of the block, .038 quench
Compression was 13.3
No clearance issues, valve clearance was .078/.098 with a 251/258 611/610 103icl 107lsa flat tappet BB core cam
Don't think the 49cc head would have worked with this combo (p/v) but it was not necessary
================================
"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid." -----John Wayne-----
A few pics of the cars & have driven & owned
A shop tour
Dyno pics
And a few pics of the "family"
890HP 555, Pump gas, Profiler X, 8.71-158 @ 2900lbs
Wolfplace is offline   Reply With Quote